I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Below you'll find this week’s curated list of wellbeing resources. Please feel free to share these resources, as appropriate, with your team.
- The Real Reason You Procrastinate – You procrastinate because you're lazy, right? Wrong. The truth is more complex — and far more interesting. Learn how to stop putting off important tasks … with a little help from master procrastinator Margaret Atwood. TED WorkLife with Adam Grant Podcast.
Social & Family Wellbeing
- The Hidden Cost of Women Doing It All (a good read for both men and women) – Author Eve Rodsky (her book is titled ‘Fair Play’) explores how inequity at work for women starts with inequity in the home. ‘We expect women to work like they don’t have children and raise children as if they don’t work’. Who does the ‘invisible work’ in your home?
- All About Credit: How (exactly) is your credit score calculated? In this brief piece, learn the five pieces of information that are used to calculate your credit score and the four things you can control to impact your future credit score.
- Shifting the Focus From Sleep to True Circadian Health – A major shift is predicted in wellness: less focus on sleep solutions and a new focus on circadian health optimization. Learn how to optimize your circadian health by joining this webinar on Thursday, July 2rd at 2 PM ET. RSVP HERE.
- 8 Healthy Salad Dressing Recipes You Should Make at Home – Skip the expense and added ingredients of store-bought dressings and try these healthy options instead!
- How Much is Anxiety Plaguing You? The National Mental Alliance on Mental Illness and Google have launched a new feature on Google Search that allows searchers to take a clinically validated questionnaire to assess their anxiety levels and find resources to support them. See #6 for more details.
- Vinyasa Yoga – Join Namaste wellness for a free 30-minute Vinyasa yoga class on Thursday, July 23rd from 7:30-8 AM. RSVP HERE.
- ‘Wine Fairies’ Anonymously Gifting Wine and Treats to Neighbors Who Could Use a Boost – As a means of cheering up American communities during the COVID-19 outbreaks, mysterious groups of do-gooders known as “Wine Fairies” have cropped up across the country! Read on to learn more about the Sisterhood of the Traveling Wine.
EMPLOYER FOCUSED RESOURCES
- If Your Employees Aren’t Thriving, Your Business Is Struggling – Jim Harter, the Chief Scientist of Workplace Management & Well-Being for Gallup, discusses how ‘engaged workers who are not thriving in their lives are much more vulnerable and add risk to your organization’. Learn more about the current state of the workplace and where we need to focus to foster ‘thriving’.
About the Author
Andrea Davis, Director of Wellbeing
Andrea joined Alera Group Northeast (formerly CBP) in July 2013, bringing over 15 years of experience in management consulting and strategic solutions. As the Director of Wellbeing, she is responsible for assisting with the development, implementation and evaluation of comprehensive wellness strategies for existing and prospective Alera Group clients. She provides assistance and support to Alera Group clients by developing personalized programs that fit clients’ unique health management needs, wellness program implementation, committee development, promotion and marketing of their programs to encourage participation. In addition, Andrea conducts program analysis and generates reports related to program participation, health assessment and client utilization.